Micro-Pak Container Desiccants
Micro-Pak container desiccants are a safe, effective and advanced solution for moisture and humidity control. They aggressively remove moisture from the air inside containers to prevent container rain, thereby protecting products from all forms of moisture damage and creating an environment inside the container that is less suited to mold growth.
Manufactured by Clariant, one of the world’s largest specialty chemical companies and a leader in the desiccant field, the specially formulated ingredients in Micro-Pak container desiccants will absorb more moisture, faster, and for longer than comparative products on the market, allowing you to reduce the quantity of desiccant needed per container. Enjoy unsurpassed moisture control at a minimum cost.
Micro-Pak container desiccants come in strips comprising 4 x 125 gram Tyvek desiccant bags, a non-woven sleeve designed to maximize absorption, and a hook for easy installation and removal.
Micro-Pak container desiccants are designed to supplement Micro-Pak® Stickers and Micro-Pak® Sheets, giving you a combination of anti-mold products inside the packaging and anti-moisture products inside the container.
Please contact email@example.com for further information and pricing.
- Micro-Pak container desiccants are safe, effective, and technically superior to other desiccants on the market and will absorb more moisture, at a faster rate and for longer periods..
- Micro-Pak container desiccants’ superior efficacy means less desiccant is needed per container. You can reduce the quantity of typically required desiccant by 25% or more which translates into significant cost savings, reduced freight costs, and less waste.
- Micro-Pak container desiccants are also very competitively priced.
- Micro-Pak container desiccants are supported with Micro-Pak® products and Micro-Pak Technical Services, providing you with a combination of mold prevention solutions and moisture management solutions at each stage from factory to retail.
- Micro-Pak container desiccants are EcoTain® certified, and as less desiccant is required the environmental impact is reduced further.
Micro-Pak container desiccants are easy to use. Follow these simple steps to reduce the chance of moisture damage during shipments:
- Inspect the container for damage, holes and cracks. Ensure container doors can close tightly and seals are in good condition.
- Check the container floor for moisture. Avoid using containers with a floor moisture content over 20%. If this is unavoidable, we recommend increasing the desiccant dosage by 1-2 strips.
- We recommend sealing all container vents using 2-ply duct tape.
- Immediately before cargo loading, open the carton of Micro-Pak container desiccants and remove only the required amount of strips.
- Hang Micro-Pak container desiccant strips vertically to the container lashing hooks, ideally within the container groove. Leave at least a 25mm gap between the desiccant and the cargo. A larger gap increases the efficacy of the desiccant.
- Load cargo immediately after installing Micro-Pak container desiccants. Take care not to damage the desiccant strips during loading.
- Seal the container doors.
- Store any un-used Micro-Pak container desiccants in the original packaging and close the carton. Keep in a dry place, under normal temperatures and out of sunlight.